- Cut and Boil the meat in salted water until tender.
Crush the garlic and cardamom together with salt using a mortar and pestle.
- Put cooking oil into the hot cooking pan, add the onion mix until it is golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes,Cook and stir until the tomatoes are thoroughly cooked down to the consistency of a sauce,Then add pilau masala and stir.
- Add the boiled meat
Add the cups water to the mixture, bring to a boil.
Wash the rice, add the rice to the boiled water mixture,add potatoes, add the boiled njegere,cook (while covered) for 15-20 minutes over low heat until all water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
- If you’re using charcoal,put the hot charcoal on top of the sufuria lid, and leave the few pieces of charcoal on bottom of the jiko.
- Check, after 15 minutes remove the lid and fluff up your pilau,( add some warm water if your pilau is not ready).
- Serve with kachumbari or salad